In this book, you will learn:
Chap 1 - The Prone Position
- How to build the correct position from the ground up, with detailed explanations on which methods work best and why.
- Shot analysis clock - learn how to correct bad shots due to position.
- The most common mistakes and how to correct them.
Chap 2 - Shooting Fundamentals
- How to find and check your natural point of aim.
- The best methods for loading the rifle and firing a shot - including breath control, aperture size, wobble area and recoil.
- How you can benefit from dry firing and electronic training systems.
Chap 3 - Adjusting the rifle
- Why it is essential to make the rifle fit you correctly .
- Which parts of the rifle you should check and how to adjust them.
Chap 4 - Shooting Accessories
- How to select the right shooting jacket, spotting scope, and other equipment.
- Why a sight level is important.
Chap 5 - F-Class
- How F-Class differs from prone shooting with a sling.
- The difference between F-Open and F-TR, and the equipment needed for both.
- How shooting with a scope is different than with iron sights.
- Tips for setting up the rifle and reading wind on a smaller target.
Chap 6 - Eye Factors
- How to determine eye dominance.
- About eye nutrition and common conditions.
- How to protect your eyes while shooting.
Chap 7 - Physical Training
- How different types of exercise can help you become a better shooter.
- How food and medications can affect your performance.
Chap 8 - Mental Training
- Mental training and visualization techniques.
- Visual training exercises that teach the brain and eyes to work together.
Chap 9 - Relaxation Techniques
- Different methods of relaxation - including breathing exercises, mental imagery and music.
Chap 10 - Match Preparation
- How to cope with match anxiety
- About natural ability and why it isn't essential to success.
Chap 11 - Goal Setting
- How to set short term and long term goals.
- Why you should keep a shooting journal.
- How to develop a winning mindset.
Chap 12 - Long Range Targets
- Use long range targets to determine sight corrections.
- How to get the most out of your sighters.
Chap 13 - Wind
- The differences between wind flags and mirage, and how to use them to your advantage.
- How to deal with the most common types of wind conditions.
- How to choose a wind indicator.
- Why it is essential to have a good wind zero.
- Why calling your shots and having an accurate rifle are more important than you think.
Chap 14 - Dealing With Adverse Conditions
- How to overcome the challenges of shooting in extreme temperatures and poor weather.
- How to handle illness and obnoxious competitors.
Chap 15 - When Good Guns Go Bad
- How to troubleshoot your equipment when things go wrong.
Chap 16 - Preparing for a Major Competition
- How to get ready for a competition, from loading ammo to making a training plan.
- What to do (and not do) before a big match.
Chap 17 - International Competitions
- What you need to know about shooting in other countries.
- The differences between string firing, pair firing and three to the mound (and other information).
Chap 18 - Traveling to Matches
- Everything you need to know about traveling - selecting luggage, packing, choosing flights, safety precautions, and more.
- Tips for flying with rifles and other equipment.
Chap 19 - Loading for Long Range
- How to handload your ammo - everything from selecting your brass to seating your bullets.
- How to care for your loaded ammo.
Chap 20 - Building a Palma Rifle
- How to choose the right parts for your new rifle.
Chap 21 - The Care and Cleaning of Your Equipment
- Why it is important to keep your barrel and other equipment clean.
Chap 22 - Coaching and Team Matches
- How to build a positive and successful team.
- Why coaching isn't limited to on the firing line.
Chap 23 - Cross Training
- How other shooting disciplines can benefit you.
- Why it is important to pay attention when scoring and pulling targets.